Re: Squishy Brakes.

My guess is that you didn't flush all of the old fluid out and there
is still some moisture (water) in the system. When you did that hard
stop you boiled it and when it boiled it created pressure in the
system that dragged the brakes. Now it is "squeshy" because of the
moisture and air in the system. Try flushing again. Remove at least a
pint from each caliper. Look at it and if it is not clear or there are
particles of dirt or air bubbles, keep flushing. Use the proper
bleeding procedure so you don't draw any air back into the system as
you flush and bleed. While flushing do a more though inspection of
each caliper. If you see any wetness then the piston seal is leaking
and that means the piston and caliper are corroded inside. The only
cure is to replace or rebuild. If any one caliper is corroded then you
should do ALL of them. You should also do the clutch system if you
have a 5-speed. The owner's manual says that the fluid is supposed to
be flushed out every 2 years. DOT 4 is a spec and for any brake fluid
to meet that spec it has to resist boiling to that temperature (I
don't know off-hand what the spec is). Chances are if this was the
first time in 20 years the system was flushed and you already had to
do the master cylinder you will need to do all 4 calipers. Don't skimp
on the brakes, this is one system, like steering, that you must be
able to trust.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "therealdmcvegas" <DMCVegas@xxxx> wrote:
> Last August, I replaced my Brake Master Cylinder, and also flushed
the entire
> hydraulic system with Castrol GTLMA (as stated in a previous post).
And everything