Squishy Brakes. Continued.

Here is a bit more information to answer questions asked.

System wasn't just bled, but was power-flushed until fluid was clear, and all
air bubbles were gone. Which took almost 4 large bottles of GTLMA (old fluid
was BLACK). Also, the condition is the same, regardless of temperature. It can
be a warm afternoon, or cold enough that I've had to scrape ice off the
windscreen (last Saturday night), and the condition is the exact same.

Also, the fluid level inside the reservoir appears to be fine. When first filled,
the fluid touched both fill marks on either side, and a litte of the top of the
reservoir. Now, the level is slightly below, but if I tilt the reservoir from side to
side, the fluid will touch the "Full" marks on the top.

Glazing is most likely present, but not the root cause. The problem aside from
fade is that the brakes don't "grab" until the pedal is much farther down.
However, if you pump the pedal twice in rapid succession, the pedal "grabs"
much earlier. Although, the new brake fade is still present, it should remain
consistant, and should not be affected by pumping, which it is not. The main
concern is the "grabbing".

I've not been able to fully test for pull when braking. However, no force has
been noticed, and the car still feels and appears to be stopping in a straight
line. However, the front rotors are warped, so I'll need to find a set of calipers
to measure their thickness. Hopefully I'll have enough material left to turn 'em
so they'll be corrected, but that's another subject.

At this point, I'm more than convinced that the problem is hydraulic. But
wheather the issue is: 1. Blown seal(s) in new M/C, 2. Blown inner seal on
caliper(s), or 3. swelling brake hoses, I don't know. Or perhaps a combination
of one or more (these are the only things that I can think of that would cause
such a sudden pressure loss, and fit with my symptoms). Plus, gut instinct tells
me that I can't just replace the brake hoses, and leave the old calipers in
place. While it may be an unfounded fear, I'm not comfortable with forcing
more pressure on who-knows-how-old caliper seals with new SS Braided
hoses installed. And rather than replace a couple of seals, I'd also rather just
swap out for fresh rebuilt units (I don't trust old equipment).

Thanks again to everyone!

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"