Where to check for water leaks into the car?

Where to check for water leaks into the car?

Hey All.
I took my D on its first long trip over Thanksgiving (longest trip since I have owned it).  It rained for a full day on the car in the parking lot, and when I went out to check on it after 10 hours of constant drizzle, I reached and felt under the carpet where your feet go and it was SOAKED underneath.  This was on the passenger side and the driver's side.  I could see standing water next to the seats when I lifted the carpet up.  Frantic, I stole all the towels I could find and mopped the water out every 3 hours.  When I got home I used a garden hose and found that water was leaking where the old inertia switch used to be mounted behind the gas pedal and under the back window.  A lot of water also came in by the back bottom corner of the driver's door.  I caulked like crazy and think I have most of it patched up.  My car is SO MUCH QUIETER since I caulked the bottom of that rear window, the caulk must have been off for a long time.  Do any of you know of any other real problem spots to caulk in case I ever have my car out in the rain again?

Patrick
1880