Re: [DML] Where to check for water leaks into the car?

Re: [DML] Where to check for water leaks into the car?

Patrick;
Just a reminder, park it level ! If either side is high then the water will
not run off the outer side of the high side door, it will run to the center
on the high side, over come the ridge and run into the car. It hits just
about on the center console. That ridge is only about one inch high so it
doesn't have to be very tilted to change the direction that the water runs.
The water comes in around the top door seals and run out just fine as long
as the car is level.
Another thing to do for sure is to clean out the fresh air inlet on the
rider side outside at the windshield. This is a large hole that has a small
drain hole in the bottom which can get plugged very easy. One leaf will do
it. If this hold does not drain it will fill fast in a rain and let water
come into the passages side of the car. I have placed a screen wire over
the top of this hole under the leaf guard to protect this hole. It just must
not get plugged again, my carpet can not stand another wetting.
Good luck
Yours in the hobby
JL Harry
vin: 4890