Re: [DML] Very basic question about SS clutch line replacement

Re: [DML] Very basic question about SS clutch line replacement

> So here goes... It was my understanding that the clutch line
> connects from the master cylinder to the slave cylinder, and that
> the slave cylinder can only be accessed while the transaxle is out.

Not true at all.... I replaced both my master and slave cylinders without
removing the transaxle.

> On a related note, the drain plug bolt on the bottom driver-side of
> my transaxle looks 'moist.' There is no puddle formed, even after
> sitting in the same place for 4 months, but it has a wet look to
> it. What could this mean? The liquid feels oily and clear color.

personal guess is there is a weeping leak - enough to make it wet but not enough
to drip... I would get something and clean it off really well and see if the
moisture returns.

just my $.02

regards,

Michael