From: Shannon Yocom [mailto:ssdelorean@xxxx]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2003 5:42 PM
To: DMC - DML News Post'n
Subject: [DML] idle flux / stall / pickup line?

Recently after driving (not cold) when I let the car idle (usually
800-900rpm) I
have been getting a weird fluctuation. The following all happens real fast:
volts
drop, oil light blinks on then off, idle drops below 800 then over 1,200. If
give it a little bit of gas or drive it, all is fine.

A few times it actually stalled upon stopping at a traffic light after
exiting
the highway. Today it stalled while backing into the garage after the clutch
was
depressed.

I tend to think it could be my fuel pick up line being blocked/collapsing or
the
fuel pump filter being clogged. The reason I think this is because I heard a
buzzing a month back that was coming from my fuel pump/tank. I did the
"twist-the-fuel-pump-boot-trick" (thanks Ken & Josh) and that took care of
the
loud buzzing. Every once and a while the buzzing will return but not for
long.

Am I correct in thinking that it is my fuel pickup line not allowing enough
fuel
to flow?
Could it be something else?

Shannon Y