idle flux / stall / pickup line?

Recently after driving (not cold) when I let the car idle (usually 800-900rpm) I
have been getting a weird fluctuation. The following all happens real fast: volts
drop, oil light blinks on then off, idle drops below 800 then over 1,200. If I
give it a little bit of gas or drive it, all is fine.

A few times it actually stalled upon stopping at a traffic light after exiting
the highway. Today it stalled while backing into the garage after the clutch was
depressed.

I tend to think it could be my fuel pick up line being blocked/collapsing or the
fuel pump filter being clogged. The reason I think this is because I heard a
buzzing a month back that was coming from my fuel pump/tank. I did the
"twist-the-fuel-pump-boot-trick" (thanks Ken & Josh) and that took care of the
loud buzzing. Every once and a while the buzzing will return but not for long.

Am I correct in thinking that it is my fuel pickup line not allowing enough fuel
to flow?
Could it be something else?

Shannon Y
16506