Re: 1983 Delorean Vin Numbers

I am in the process of purchasing a Canadian 1983 (Vin 17084). The
original owner told me a Cadillac dealership in Oakville Ontario was
buying as many Canadian models as they could from KAPAC. He and 2 of
his friends drove down and each purchased one.

The strange thing is that I have been told, and have read, there were
only between 80 and 100 made for the Canadian market (stickers,
speedo, etc) but the range of Vin #'s I have been able to find seem
to indicate over 200.

When I complete the purchase I intend on documenting as much of the
car as I can and will post a link (probably along with lots of
questions!)

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, MichaelRPack1@xxxx wrote:

> Hi List,
>
> I have been off of the list for a long time. It is great to be
welcomed back by so many of you. Thank you and please keep in touch.

> I recently purchased a 1983 Vin 20069. I was told that the car is
the fifth from the last made. Is this true?
> The last DMC ever made isn't that far from us here in Maryland. I
think that we should organize a DMC trip to visit Carl!

> There were some questions raised about the Vin numbers, parts used
& options that the later 20000 VIN 1983 cars had that other lower VIN
1983's did not have.

> The car is 100% like it was from KAPAC. The car was driven from
Columbus in 09-1984 to Maryland and stored. The car doesnâ??t have
chrome muffler exhaust tips, however it has gray leather, and smooth
hood with emblem. The car was stored in the basement of the original
owners house. The car still has the original oil, air and belts from
Renault.
> The chassis is not sprayed with tar undercoating as some 1983 cars
were at the docks in New Jersey.

> This car was hand picked by the original owner because it was
parked near the last DMC made, the Gold car.

> The original owner remembers that sales were brisk and steady
during the two days that he was there to pick up his car back in
1984. The car was discounted by KAPAC for $22,500 in 1984. The
sticker price was in the 30â??s. That was an expensive car back then.