Re: air conditioning related overheating

Re: air conditioning related overheating

When the A/C is running it is that much more heat for the cooling fans
to have to dissapate so it is harder on the cooling system. Check all
the usual suspects. For instance:
Make sure BOTH fans are running
Make sure they are both running in the correct direction ie, toward
the rear
Make sure the fans are tight on the motor shafts and not slipping
Check that there aren't any leaves or debris blocking the condensor
core or radiator
Bleed the cooling system at the radiator (loosen the small hose at the
top right side).
Make sure the intake grills are clear (don't stick the license plate
over one of them, it makes a big difference)
You might need a new otterstadt switch (one that turns on a little
sooner). When you run the A/C it overrides the otterstadt switch.
You could also check the drive belts, if they are too loose they could
be slipping.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Andrew <aos+yahoo@xxxx> wrote:
> Hi group. I've recently developed a sporadic overheating problem.
It may
> have been around longer, but since it appears to be related to the only
> recently fixed air conditioning, it's only recently popped up.
>
> Most of the time, I'm just fine. If the AC is off, my temperature
gauge