From: James [mailto:james@xxxx]
Sent: Thursday, October 23, 2003 1:57 AM
To: dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: [DML] Re: Weird VINs in the doors

Scott -

All the cars left at the factory after the last boat "authorized" by
the US arm of DMC later became the property of Consolidated
International and according to Leif Montin, who was there at the
time, these remaining CD010XXX, CD011XXX and CD012XXX cars were given
new VIN numbers, DD015XXX, DD016XXX and DD017XXX. This was in the
October/November of 1982, and they wanted the cars to appear to be
1983 models /