Re: Uh oh

Refer to fig 72 on C:07:04 for more info about the "Liner Clamps". To
remove the nut on the pulley (which I personally have never done) I
would try getting a socket, a breaker bar, a piece of pipe to place
over the breaker bar and a large piece of 4x4. After putting all of
this together wack the pipe (which you placed on the breaker bar) hard
and fast with the 4x4. This should be enough to "shock" the nut off. I
wouldn't worry about having disturbed the liners. Eyeball the
"protrusion" of the liners. They should all be about the same. If any
are really sticking up then maybe you did disturb it. One of the
symptoms would include coolant in the engine oil. You really have to
read the Workshop Manual, especially when you are doing this kind of
complex work. There is a sequence of events that makes disassembly
more orderly. It is among the most accurate of the chapters becasue it
was derived from the Renault Manuals on the PRV engine. You also
shouldn't attempt this without having all of the special tools
available. Granted, in many cases you can manage without "special"
tools, but they always make the job easier with less chance of
damaging parts. If you can't get the tools in many cases you can make
them. The cylinder clamps come to mind as a very simple thing to recreate.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757