Re: Uh oh

I appreciate all the good advice I'm getting on the head gaskets,
lower seals and pulley nut.

I'd like to respond to some points folks have made:

Warren @ DMCH did tell me not to disturb the liners, but like "Egon"
in GhostBusters all he really said was that it would be "Bad". Like
"Don't cross the streams". Now I have the answer and I'm glad.

If they are that sensitive like Martin says, I may have messed them up
when I pulled the head off. I did use a twisting motion, and didn't
just yank it off, but a millimeter? I may have done that. Who knows?

Special tools? Again, I refer you to Warren who's favorite phrase
whenever I ask him about special tools referenced in the manual is
"Pschaw...the French. What do they know?" He told me to get the nut
off w/an air impact wrench and that would not disturb the liners
because it won't rotate the engine. He did recommend that I
"fabricate" some straps, if I tried to get the pulley nut off by hand.

By and large, the bulk of the email I'm getting off list is telling me
to just put the dang thing back together and see what happens. :) I'm
also getting email from folks saying I've gone way further into my
engine than they ever have. That's frightening considering I've owned
mine less than a year. Am I just too dumb to know when I'm in over my
head?

As my other post says, I bought air tools. I'd like to offer my
condolences to those who had to use a 6' cheater bar to get their
pulley nut off. I set my air wrench to 260 ft. lbs and bang-bidi-bang-
it was off in 45 seconds. Now if I only had a pulley-puller....