Re: No Fuel to injectors

You didn't by chance replace the small diameter line from accumulator
to filter with something larger? That small diameter line is what
creates high fuel pressure, not the pump itself (is not 75 PSI from
the tank). Kind of like putting your finger over end of a garden hose.

See Message #32067. Sounds definitely as though you aren't "cracking"
the fuel injectors. Need minimum 50-51 PSI to start spraying. If
you're SURE everything from fuel distributor forward is factory spec,
may need to adjust fuel mixture screw. You may not have touched, but
are you sure no one else has? Note fuel mixture is set with car
running -- NO VACUUM LEAKS! If you've got an injector out, plug its
port in head -- 1/4" vacuum leak otherwise. Make sure line feeding
idle speed motor from under fuel distributor is tight -- 3/4" vacuum leak.

BTW: are you sure control pressure regulator is plumbed correctly?
Supply is from bottom of fuel distrubutor, same side as tank return
line, port closest to rear of car. Line out of course goes to top of
fuel distributor. This is a wonderfully clear pic:

http://www.specialtauto.com/delorean-images/fuel-hose-stainless.jpg

Note that lines in this pic cross out of sight when attached to
control pressure regulator itself -- line in is closest to rear of
vehicle, line out closest to tank.

Bill Robertson

>--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Delorean17@xxxx wrote:
> Hi,
> I finally had a chance to work on this guys car today. The fuel
> distributor is brand new and I have fuel where the feed line enters the
> distributor. All of the lines have been double checked and are
hooked up
> correctly. I remove several of the injectors and place them in
bottles with
> the fuel pump running. I feel resistance on the air sensor plate but
I only
> get a dribble of fuel out of each injector line. I have double
checked every
> connection on the car and they are hooked up properly. I also
installed a
> new pump today but had the same results.
> I remember hearing that fuel pressure could sometimes
be cut off