No Fuel to injectors

Hi,
I finally had a chance to work on this guys car today. The fuel
distributor is brand new and I have fuel where the feed line enters the
distributor. All of the lines have been double checked and are hooked up
correctly. I remove several of the injectors and place them in bottles with
the fuel pump running. I feel resistance on the air sensor plate but I only
get a dribble of fuel out of each injector line. I have double checked every
connection on the car and they are hooked up properly. I also installed a
new pump today but had the same results.
I remember hearing that fuel pressure could sometimes be cut off
near the fuel filter if it is tightened too hard. Is that a possibility?
What else could be causing this problem? I must have this car out of my
garage in 2 days. HELP ME!!

Thanks

Dave.