Re: [DML] Re: Remotes

Since I bought my car I have been annoyed by the sound of a something skittering around in the bottom of both doors, so Yesterday I pulled the doors apart to remove the offending objects. When I got the door panels off I stared at the mess inside. Someone had hacked and modified the wiring in an way that I can only assume was to interface with the alarm that had been installed at one time.

Inside each door I found 3 relays , a flasher module, an electric gear driven acutator, plus yards of extra wiring. The flashers were wired into the door light circuit and on the passengers side the connection tab had rusted off leaving the uninsulated spade connector swinging free inside the door. Turned out to be the hot wire that was flopping around in there but luckily had never cause a problem .

I got the rattling screws out of the bottoms of the door,( drivers door had one of the screws for the window motor , passengers door had one of the screws for the door pull handle), replaced all the missing screw and bolts, tightened up everything that was loose, and removed all the additional wiring and relays, etc. The window motors on both sides were missing a screw and the two remaining ones were ready to fall out.

I just wanted to share what I found since the topic of undocumented wiring mods has surfaced latley.
Phil Priestley
vin #2105