Re: Remotes

I have seen few systems today that match the quality and features of
an older Alpine unit I purchased back around 1989. It handles
everything with excellent reliability so far. The one extra thing I
did was use a battery of relays to isolate the unit from any
existing relays and voltage feedback. It is an alarm with window
actuators, door locks, door open sensor, glass break sensor, light
sensor, a louver sensor has been added, it operates the lights and
airhorns with a siren, has an ignition lock-out, key-in-ignition
sensor and can be set for passive or active engagement. I just
recently obtained the gear to install a door launcher that the key
fob will activate and I still have room for a trunk release.

It is so integrated into the car now that I have been keeping an eye
on e-bay for another unit in case I need spare parts. So far so good
though. It is an Alpine 8126.

Harold McElraft - 3354