Re: Remote Locks

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxx>" <
jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:
<SNIP>
> Like any science experiment notekeeping is as important as the experiment
> for repeatablity. Too many cars have had burglar alarms added with the
> wiring hacked up and no documentation, the only course of action is to
> try to dissect the alarm out and return the wiring to stock.
<SNIP>

Amen to that! My car came with an aftermarket alarm installed that never did
work right. I have door launchers that will only randomly activate when you hit
the remote, and overly sensative vibration sensor, and my favorite part: The
dome lights flash when arming, and disarming the car, but the clearance
lights are on a delay! Worst of all, the company who makes the system, VPA,
was very rude on the phone when I called, and would not help me out by
sending me neither schematics, nor a copy of their installation guide!
Needless to say, I have since yanked the control module out of the car.

So yes, it does indeed help future owners if you happen to sell you car if you
document, and record all modifications to the car that you have made. I keep
a xeroxed copy of the wiring diagram, and always draw in and notate any
changes that I have ever made, and re-hide the paper in my car. One day, I'll
figure out just how that damn thing is wired up, so that I can rip it out, and
install something better...

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"