Re: Remote Locks

David, thanx for understanding the original intent of my post
and not reponding in a emotional way. I agree with almost everything
you say. Zilla products are the leading edge for those who must (or
choose) to go that route and I never meant to slight them.

I don't feel what I do to my car will lower it's resale value except
to a purist. In fact I feel the contrary. Anyone with D (or
engineering) smarts will appreaciate the methods and materials I use.
Those who don't will simply enjoy a much more reliable, safer, and
less maintenance intensive car. I have received many offers for the
car and recently had difficulty turning one down.

My work is fully documented and inserted into a seperate manual.
Everything done is at least as good as the original documentation and
much better in many cases. (Some of it is Qcad and Solidworks
generated.) Many parts (standard units currently available) were
purchased in double quanities in case they should ever fail in the
far future.

These include the alarm and door launching components. They now
reside as spares, along with a complete bill of materials and
calibration or adjustment specs/instructions where required. I assure
you, the next owner will have nothing to fear. The difficult parts
(engineering and installaton) are done, only troublshooting may be
required down the road. The wiring and much of my other work on car
employs materials used in the aerospace industry. It's all very Hi-
Rel stuff, I have lots of it lying around because I maintain two
aircraft. Personally, I feel using this quality only adds to the
car's reliability and technical aura.

Even if the next owner is not technically inclined the documentaion
is more than adequate for anyone with skills to easily fathom what
was done. I designed and built semiconductor process equipment for 20
years. That work involved lots of technical writing, maintenance,
design and materials engineering along with fabrication. I'm damn
anal to boot. (And a bit long winded at times. ;-)

I've also built high performace kit aircraft. Frankly, I don't much
enjoy working on cars but I feel comfortable with most anything this
one could throw at me.

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "David Teitelbaum <jtrealty@xxxx>"