Zilla Schematic Raises $5,130 However......

Zilla Schematic Raises $5,130 However......

[Moderator Note: I'd like to believe that I speak for everyone on the DML when I agree with something Bob says below. The parties involved could do tremendous good, both for the DeLorean community and the Parkinson's Disease charity, by cooperating to discuss and correct any errors rather than arguing about them on the DML. - Moderator Mike Substelny]

Dear Unknown author > checksix3

This is not the 1st time I have seen you post this message and
I am disturbed by it:
> "His schematic was an admirable endeavor for charity reasons,
> even if it's rife with errors that should have been corrected."

Listen to yourself.
You believe ( as do we ) that great things are being accomplished by the
DeLorean owners acting as a whole. Raising $5,130 is no small undertaking.

If you feel that there are any significant updates needed to be added to the
schematic how about sharing the wealth ?

While you suggest that it is "rife with errors"
( now there's a word you don't see every day ),
I've yet to be advised of any significant errors by the hundreds of owners
who use it often, including PJ Grady.
It is however important to note that contributions have been made to further
detail the schematic and they are always being included on an ongoing basis.

While nothing's perfect, it is intended to be a product and cause worthy of
your support. We invite you to roll up your sleeves and join the effort.
We have among our ownership, Owners who have been touched by Parkinsons
Disease. It's not just a Celebrity Disease. It's not a pretty picture. I'm
sure these owners would like you to be a part of the solution.......

This is not a contest.
It is not intended to compete against any other version of the schematic to
determine who's is best. It is an offering to all owners for a single cause.
It is however, readily available, complete and as detailed as possible.

We do it for FREE. We also give away a VERY comprehensive Emergency Glove Box
Breakdown Manual. It took a very long time to create. It's in it's 3rd
revision since 1989. That's a pretty GREAT deal for a minimum donation of a
mere $25. It can save your butt if you breakdown far away from home.
Hummm, think that's possible ?

Zilla doesn't see a dime of this.
To be completely accurate, it costs us a great deal of time to administrate
this ongoing project. Uploading the files takes time, running charge cards
takes time and we eat the card company's fees. What's more, anyone who went
to the Memphis event knows Zilla and PJ Grady Donated a truckload of tool
cases to raise money. We don't get tools for free.
John Hervey Donated one of his Signature High Power Alternators to the
Auction
( thank you John ). He doesn't get them for FREE.

You are invited to submit your input off line if you have something to
contribute to this ongoing project.

NOTE TO ALL
If you haven't gotten your Schematic and Manual do it today.

Bob Zilla