Re: TOBY TABs

James, and List - I'll use this message as a opening to let you know
that, based on several messages and emails lamenting the end of the
TOBY-TAB supply, I have contacted the manufacturer regarding a smaller
second batch. As you might expect, in the world of fasteners, the
price is very much tied to purchase quantities. The original batch
quantity of 200 bolts set a per-piece price point that led to the kit
price of $66 (which included nuts, washers, domestic shipping, and
pay-pal fees). Based upon the "apparent" demand for more bolts, I
approached the company about a smaller batch, while trying to preserve
the original price per bolt. I believe that I have come to an
agreement with them, but it will require a certain level of support
from you, the DeLorean community. In this case, support is expressed
in terms of demand for parts. Several people have come forward with
interesting ideas for raising the necessary funds to initiate the
order, but it seems that *orders* are what is required here. I always
try to simplify things if possible. I have contacted Darryl
Tinnerstet on this, and we think the best way to raise the capital is
to ask for prepayment of orders. I will suggest that if we get enough
preorders for TOBY-TAB's by February 28th, I can pull the trigger on
the deal, and have fresh kits available by March 1st. The price point
will remain the same. The preliminary agreement with the company
requires that no changes be made to the drawing configuration or
engineering requirements, which saves them from redoing the
certification and testing documentation, as well as using the
original tool setup. Darryl and I will move in whatever direction the
List indicates by your collective action. Thank you for all of the
support you have extended in the past, and I hope that we can move
forward on this into the future.

PS - Sally and Jeffery?

Toby Peterson VIN 2248
Winged1