Re: [DML] Radio for DMC

{MODERATOR NOTE - Car Audio discussion here should stick to DeLorean-related issues (whare do you mount stuff, what fits etc). For general discussion on car audio please refer to a car audio list.]

In a message dated 1/28/03 1:25:04 PM Central Standard Time,
jerear@xxxx writes:

> I am planning to install a new stereo system in my Delorean. I would
> like to put in a new stereo mp3 player with a cd changer.and new speaker
> speakers. Would someone on the list have a any suggestions as to model
> of stereo and speakers to install that would be reasonably priced?
>
> Thanks
>
> Jere' Arnold
> vin#1480

Hello,

this is the topic of much debate. what it comes down to is - is much do you
want to spend and how picky are you with your sound? YES there are good
products out there and there are BAD car stereo products too. there are many
good items out there that are reasonably priced. also you need to decide
just how much the space in your car means to you. for myself, i like to go
on roadtrips and go to other events in other states. to fill the parcel
shelf with gear is not an option for me. maybe it is for you.

i am currently engrossed in installing a kickin stereo system myself. i am
getting near the end, right now i'm just finishing running all of my wires (a
big job). i've got 250 watts going to a sub, 80 watts RMS x 4 going to my
four main speakers, also two more speakers running off of the deck, i've got
an equalizer too. this week i have some custom enclosures being built and
installed at a local hi-fi car audio shop. watch this space with updates,
pictures, and more in the next week or so. i have been working on this
system for about 2 months with the sole purpose of helping to establish a
baseline for what consitutes a great stereo in a DeLorean, and i hope that
when i am done others see some of my ideas for use of space and system design
and hopefully help everyone out there who wants music as awesome as the car
they drive!

if you have any specific questions, i would be more than happy to answer
them, and if i don't know, then i know someone on the list who does!

Andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102