Re: Insurance upgrade offer.

Insurance is a real tough thing to compare between different states.
Every state has different rules that the insurance companies must
operate under and it changes the limits, coverage and premiums. I DO
have Hagerty in New Jersey. It is a limited mileage, collector's
policy. I can only drive 2,500 miles a year (they aren't too strict
about that as long as you don't say rack up 6,000 miles in 2 years
say). If I wanted more than $20,000 I would have to have the car
profesionally appraised and supply them with photos. The premium would
also be A LOT HIGHER!!! Right now it costs me about $325 a year. I
never had a claim with them. They seem very nice on the phone and they
seem to care about the customers and are interested in collector cars,
they seem to specialize in them. They advertise in many of the car
publications and I see them at many shows. I hope I never have to find
out how cooperative they are at settling claims. Here in New Jersey we
are among the highest cost car insurance states in the country. We
also seem to every year lose a couple of insurance companies so the
costs go up higher every year with less and less competition. On a
daily driver it is not unheard of to pay $2,000 for a bare bones
policy even with a good record. It is important that in the policy
there is a "Declared" or "Agreed Upon" value so if the car is stolen
or totaled that is what you receive less any deductible. I have AAA
for my wife and 2 daughters and it is cheap for the piece of mind,
they don't have to call me if they forgot to turn the lights off or
have a flat or run out of gas! AAA also gives you enough maps to cover
the membership and they can save you money on hotels and travel
through their arangements.
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757

--- In dmcnews@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "mlick27 <mlick27@xxxx>"