Re: [DML] Torsion bar stuck to retainer

Please respond with the method you would use to remove the anchor
bracket and torsion bar together in the case that you cannot remove
the anchor bracket first. I don't think it is possible without
removing the rear window as when you release the torsion bar the
bracket would hit the glass and I don't know how you would remove the
torsion bar while it is still under stress.
It doesn't happen often but there are times that the anchor bracket
can be difficult to remove. The only way I know how to get the bracket
off is to work it off slowly and carefully while an assistant
maintains torque on the torsion bar so the bracket can't hit the rear
glass. This takes alot of patience and some skill. You also have to be
careful not to slice yourself on the sharp exposed edge of the Tee
roof. This exercise is not for the "faint-of heart" and I would give
it a danger and skill level of 8? Just imagine trying to do this
alone!!!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757