Re: Torsion bar stuck to retainer

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "jtrealtywebspannet" <jtrealty@xxxx> wrote:
> Please respond with the method you would use to remove the anchor
> bracket and torsion bar together in the case that you cannot remove
> the anchor bracket first. I don't think it is possible without
> removing the rear window as when you release the torsion bar the
> bracket would hit the glass...

Hi Dave and Bastiaan.

Thank you, Dave, for exposing a flaw in my method of removing the
torsion bar and retainer plate as a unit, and doing it so
diplomatically, as well. It worked on my car just fine, but I now
suspect that's only because there was no window to get in the way of
the rotating plate in my car, when I did this procedure. It didn't
occur to me that the rotating retainer plate might hit the rear
window. If the stuck-to-the-torsion-bar, and rotating retainer plate
does indeed interfere with the rear window, then my way won't work on
a car with a rear window.

I'm very grateful you picked up on my mistake, and submitted the
error to the DML before Bastiaan tried to act on my method.

I'll be writing Bastiaan directly to let him know that what I've
written might not apply.

Meanwhile, I really liked what IN2TIME had to say about the process.

Rick Gendreau

11472