Re: Water Leaks

Dave, I believe it was you who pointed out to me that the metal clips
in the inner weather strip bow outward over time and need to be
pushed back together. You did that to the problem area on top of the
A-pillar on my car hopeing it would solve my problem. Well as I
found out on the sunday morning rain in Memphis, it didn't. I looked
over it more carefully and found an actual HOLE in the fiberglass in
the water channel. It was formed by a series of inperfections in the
fiberglass, along with strain cracks most likely caused from hands
hanging from that corner. I suggest you go over this area very
carefully in your car.

Jim Reeve
MNDMC - Minnesota DeLorean Club
DMC-6960 <- Memphis 40,000-50,000 Daily Driver Winner. (Now with
50,500 miles)

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "daveswingle2" <dswingle@xxxx> wrote:
> My souvenir of Memphis was a reminder of my continued inability to
> find the water leak that bugs me every time I drive in the rain
(i.e.
> every car show). It doesn't happen all the time. Going INTO
Memphis -
> no leaks. Coming out - after about 1/2 hour in the rain, I get a
drip
> that seems to come from the left knee pad and lands on my left
shin.
> Only when slowing down, (like it collects in the knee pad and then
> falls out on deceleration).
>
> When I got home a ran a hose all around the area - nothing. I
> suspected the hood stop/wiper opening, but upon further
investigation