Re: [DML] strange start problems

> It turns over and coughs and coughs. I do this several times-- trying
> feathering the gas pedal, holding halfway down, turning the key all the
way
> off for a few seconds. Then finally, it will cough and sputter and slowly
> get steady and climb up the tachometer to where I can give it gas without
> choking it out.

Kevin,

There are two easy things to check first before you get into more complex
issues:

First, listen for the Frequency Valve buzzing. This is a noise that you
should become very familiar with. If it isn't buzzing then check that the
valve is getting ground and check that the plug to it is not corroded. If
it still isn't buzzing then you can force it on by jumpering the socket for
the RPM relay to help locate the problem.

Second, make sure you are getting 12 volts to the Control Pressure
Regulator. Check if it has a corroded connection or is otherwise not
getting power.

I hope this doesn't sound too technical. Let us know what you find.

Walt