Re: Swapping PRV engine for Chevy or Ford small block

Re: Swapping PRV engine for Chevy or Ford small block

You'll get a good number of replies about the engine swap with
more info than I could possibly provide. So I'll leave that one
alone. However, don't be intimidated by the K-Jetronic fuel
injection system. Even though you may need certain tools to tune
it, it's really not difficult at all. For the most part, the only place that
you really "tune" it is the mixture screw on top. Other than that,
you just have to replace parts that troubleshooting may
determine defective if there is a problem.

If you are absolutely bent on a carb setup for the PRV, it is
possible. It won't be cheap, nor easy. It is possible, but I wouldn't
reccomend it.

I either case, when you keep your car stock, you keep the
knowlege and support for it. When you start to modify things, you
may be on your own...

-Robert
vin 6585 "X"

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "content22207" <brobertson@xxxx> wrote:
> Am not DeLorean owner yet -- just shopping & researching.
>
> Have seen cars on Web re-engined with carbureted American
small
> blocks. Is much more up my alley than fuel injected foreign
plant.
<SNIP>