Re: Re: Swapping PRV engine for Chevy or Ford small block

Re: Re: Swapping PRV engine for Chevy or Ford small block

Replies starting to trickle in (thanks folks, you're more helpful
than people in the AMC world, if that's a compliment) ...

Am not worried about tune-up, am worried about system putting me to
walking. Have read horror stories of cars cutting off inexplicably,
not restarting under myriad of conditions, etc (I've never had a
carbureted vehicle fail (suddenly) from fuel delivery or ignition).
Are these tales atypical or is this probable in a 20 year old stock
DeLorean.

I understand general risk of wandering from original, but in my
circumstance might actually be beneficial. I'm a lesser shade tree
mechanic in a land of major shade tree mechanics. Is best not to take
something too exotic to Billy Bob's Tractor & Combine Repair.

Seriously: I'm considering re-engined car for survival, not
performance. Do not have resources, knowledge, etc that you find in
the metropolitan areas. Someone (myself included) could unwittingly
end up making a sick car worse. Why push water uphill -- we know
Chevy's & Fords.

If it helps, I'd like to keep everything outside the engine
compartment original.

Bill.