Re: [DML] Control Pressure Regulator/Twin Turbos [long]

Re: [DML] Control Pressure Regulator/Twin Turbos [long]

Hi Dave

As stated in my original mail, the CPR in question caused the same symptoms in my car. Replacing it fixed the problem. My question really related to what this thing does (well, okay, I know what it does, but I've little understanding of HOW). And why this apparently spotlessly clean unit could cause a massive blockage. I took it apart, cleaned and blew it out, but can't see how it actually works!

The fuel filter has been replaced, yes.

Matin

Dave Sontos wrote:

Martin,
There is only one section in my book that deals with High Control Pressure,
and we are "ASSuming that", without the use of pressure gauges. Here it is:

Symptom:
Cold control pressure high
Warm control pressure high
System pressure normal
Rest pressure normal

Possible cause:
Restriction in the return line from the Control Pressure Regulator.
Defective Control Pressure Regulator

[moderator snip]