Re: [DML] A disservice to our car

DHughes030@xxxx wrote:

> In Sam's Club yesterday, I picked up a very beautifully illustrated book.
> It's title was "Car's: A Celebration." Curious, I turned to the 'D" section
> to find the DeLorean. There were two great pictures surrounded by negative
> captions and balloons. The author, Quentin Willson, inaccurately described
> every flaw the car had and had not one good thing to say about the car or
> John Z. DeLorean.

I have several of Mr. Willson's books, and all slam the Delorean. Britain's
self-proclaimed automotive expert has hated the DeLorean since day one, and nothing will
change his mind. If you saw his "The Car is the Star" episode about the DeLorean, he
portrays John Z. DeLorean as an incompetent shyster who only wanted to rip off the
British taxpayers.

In my humble opinion, Mr. Willson is a pig-headed idiot.

I expect the judgment of history to find in my favor. A hundred years from now, it could
easily be true that the only automobiles from the 1980s left on the roads will be our
DeLoreans.

To be fair, all of Willson's books that I have seen, as well as "The Car is the Star,"
make the DeLorean *look* very attractive. He complains about DeLorean styling, but each
gleaming silver picture disproves him a hundred times over.

- Mike Substelny
(Come and get me, Quentin Willson!)