Re: [DML] Control Pressure Regulator/Twin Turbos [long]

Re: [DML] Control Pressure Regulator/Twin Turbos [long]

Martin,
There is only one section in my book that deals with High Control Pressure,
and we are "ASSuming that", without the use of pressure gauges. Here it is:

Symptom:
Cold control pressure high
Warm control pressure high
System pressure normal
Rest pressure normal

Possible cause:
Restriction in the return line from the Control Pressure Regulator.
Defective Control Pressure Regulator

To distinguish between these install a replacement return line on the
Control Pressure Regulator, allowing the fuel to flow into an approved fuel
container. If the Control Pressure drops, then repair/replace the return
line. If the control pressure does not drop then replace the Control
Pressure Regulator.

If this doesn't fix the problem then you need to buy a fuel pressure guage
and take some readings. Have you replaced the fuel filter yet??

ALWAYS keep a fire extinguisher nearby when working with the fuel system.

Dave Sontos
vin 02573