Re: [DML] airbox performance numbers

Hello All - This is my first post to the DML, although I've owned my
"D" for over 13 years (VIN 2248). In response to this thread ...
there is a K&N airfilter element that works just fine in the stock
airbox. The panel filter element is a little short, but can be
snugged up with a length on vacuum hose used as a spacer. I've had
this in my car for almost a year. K&N filters have virtually no
restriction, and are very effective at cleaning the incoming air.
The throttle response improvement is noticeable. The part number is
NM33-2002. Just a thought for those that want to do things right ...

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, jtrealty@xxxx wrote:
> Actually I don't think the pantyhose will cause any harm as if it
> gets caught it will just melt and burn up. A piece of screen might
> be a better idea as it will also act as a flame arrestor . . .

[moderator snip]