Re: [DML] Re: GM Engine

Walter wrote:

> I was talking to a local Camero affectionado who thinks that his LS-1
block
> is the same size as the Northstar V8. Is this so? He says that the block
> is available in aluminum. >

All LS1's are iron blocks w/ aluminum heads, the LS1 won't fit into the
DeLorean without SERIOUS modifications to the engine bay, frame, and
extending out the rear of the car. Before I installed my Vortec 4.3, I
considered a LT1 or LS1. Neither would come close to fitting and there is
the weight distribution problem as well. Even with the Vortec, I had to
cut a small piece of the rear facia on the engine side for the water pump
clearence (I have the short pump installed, not the long pump!) For more
info on the LS1, you can goto www.ls1.com

>I would like to consider installing a front wheel drive engine &
> transmission in place of the DeLorean stuff. Has anyone considered this
> idea?

I'm thinkin that it would be a transmission nightmare and WAY more trouble
than it would be worth.

> I'm not afraid to do whatever it takes.
>
> Walt Tampa, FL

Well, if money is no object, I'm sure you can find someone to tackle
anything you may have in mind. Even installing the LS1! :)

Good luck!

Duke