rust prevention

Hello All,

my 82 D has a small rust problem (i think). starting at around the
transmission area, the frame has some cracking epoxy and red-tinted spots are
showing up (ever since i bought it last year). there is a small spot on the
driver's side rear strut tower that looks damaged, as in there is a chunk
missing and it looks like something hit it really hard and cracked it. i'm
not sure if this is rust damage or not, i don't think it is. i'm wondering
what the best thing to do would be as far as preventing any further damage.

is it recommended to scrape away all the affected areas (in my case,
basically at the rear wishbone and back), paint with POR-15, then use a
rubberized undercoating?

anyone who has done this project well, please drop me a line! i won't be
doing this job for quite a while but i want to know what i am up against.

andy

Soma576@xxxx
1982 DeLorean DMC-12 VIN#11596
Fargo, ND 58102