Re: [DML] Re: GM Engine

Richard,

I would love to hear more about your Cadillac Northstar engine conversion.
Can you say what models & years Cadillac have these engines? Were you able
to hook up all the associated electronics to allow the engine to run on
'limp home' mode with no radiator coolant?

I was talking to a local Camero affectionado who thinks that his LS-1 block
is the same size as the Northstar V8. Is this so? He says that the block
is available in aluminum. If it would fit, it would make a lot more sense
to use since more aftermarket parts are available. I just don't see old men
at car shows tricking out their Caddies like I do with kids & their Chevys.

I would like to consider installing a front wheel drive engine &
transmission in place of the DeLorean stuff. Has anyone considered this
idea? If the drive axle doesn't line up then I suppose an extra set of CV
joints with interconnecting axles held on bearings should work just fine.
I'm not afraid to do whatever it takes.

Walt Tampa, FL