Re: Spares

You missed the moral of the story. If you had taken care of your car
and not let the hoses deteriorate to such an extent as they obviously
had then you wouldn't have gotten in trouble. I find that MOST
problems on the road were preventable with some normal maintainence
and like they do on airplanes a "pre flight" or at least a once over
with an eyeball. If you know you haven't changed a hose on the car in
20 years then you deserve getting stuck and maybe blowing your engine!
BTW what is the "origional vacuum hose air removal system"? The
cooling problems are not vin related except for the early cars that
had the otterstadt facing up. (Not really a big deal and easily
updated). The major problem is leaks and aging rubber parts.
Electrically speaking the fan fail relay is dangerous, the circuit
breakers underrated and loose connections contribute to the cooling
system problems which IMHO is the most neglected system in most cars
untill it overheats and the the owner wonders why it happened to me!
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757