Re: [DML] Rhd steering rack

In a message dated 7/17/01 7:58:11 AM Central Daylight Time, Whalt@xxxx
writes:

<< Pardon me for asking, but isn't the OEM steering rack reversible? It looks
like you can swap the locations of the input shaft with the cover plate, put
the rack in the other way, and voila! Or is that too easy?

Walt Tampa, FL >>

Walt,

Good guess, but it won't work. The internals inside the steering box are
machined completely differently for the input shaft and the cover
plate/tensioner. They will not swap places. It might be possible to install
the entire rack assembly reversed - upside down tho. It would require some
modified mounting brackets and steering column shaft, but this stuff needs to
be changed anyway, right ?

Marty