Re: [DML] Re: Spares

As a new owner I would certainally appreciate advice on what to check in a
"pre-flight". Not being an expert auto mechanic nor having direct access to a shop
willing and/or competent to work on my car limit my options. My limited experience
as a mechanic means I do not necessarily know what needs to be changed or when. In
addition, my limited exposure to a Delorean means I am unaware of not only what
components to check up on but where they reside on/in the vehicle. Having the
manuals do not solve this concern alone.

My major challenge as a newbie is finding the resources to help me maintain my car
for myself and future generations. I really appreciate the positive and helpful
Atlanta. Their patience and experience has saved me a great deal of heartache,
time, and money. In addition, I have received a lot of help and ideas from this
news group.

Thanks to you all for the support and I certainly would appreciate a copy of your
preflight checklist David. I feel confident that the advice offered by you and the
others in our group will keep a lot of us from "getting what we deserve".
Especially when we don't necessarily know from whence our cars came.

Respectfully,

Ed Garbade
garbadee@xxxx
Vin# 10541

jtrealty@xxxx wrote:

> You missed the moral of the story. If you had taken care of your car
> and not let the hoses deteriorate to such an extent as they obviously
> had then you wouldn't have gotten in trouble. I find that MOST
> problems on the road were preventable with some normal maintainence
> and like they do on airplanes a "pre flight" or at least a once over
> with an eyeball.
[moderator snip]