RE: [DML] Re: Spares

I had the original vacuum hose air removal system on my Delorean last year.
The hose got old, broke off, wrapped itself in the belt for the water pump,
created a overheat condition, bubbled over the overflow bottle. I smelled
the antifreeze suspecting the car in front of me, then realizing there was
none, checked my gauges and looked at the steam in the rearview mirror, and
pulled over. I have my own trailer, so I then called the wife and she and I
towed it home. A belt would have been nice. I purchased the overheat kit
with the hose hooking up to the heater hose and installed it and have been
extremely pleased with the reduced temperature since. Not overheated since.
No fanzilla or any of that stuff. Do later vin's not have some of the
problems everyone allways talks about? My fans seem fine. Sorry I'm
rambling, but the moral of the story is, have a cell phone close by with a
wife and trailer and there are no worrys.

Vin #11268

Bill Buckner

Instrumentation Supervisor
Electrical and Instrument Dept.