Re: Fuel Problems.

Matthew, If your worried about water or other foreign matter in the
tank. Jack the front of the car up just a little above level and the
water or foreign matter will normally collect in the back of the
tank.Then get a hose and siphon it out. Nothing messy to fool with.
If you will run it into a bucket or pan you will see any contaminates.
I pulled out about 1/4 of a cup of water and residue from the tank.
As for your fuel starvation problem, That could be many places around
the fuel system. If normal maintance isn't done,then it could be as
easy as a fuel pump, fuel screen,fuel filter, injector seals where
the cylinder is sucking more air than it should. Another place could
be the adjustment of the air flow meter, and the adjustment of the
Primary pressure regulator. You could also have filter screens in the
injectors stopped up if injector cleaners haven't been run thru the
gas ever so often. Hope this helps.
I think the envelope your talking about is the filter screen on the
end of the pick up hose going to the fuel pump. If it's clean, leave
it there it's not your problem.
John Hervey
www.specialTauto.com
email if you need futher info.