Re: [DML] Volvo valve in air intake

Could someone who has performed this modification be kind enough to answer a few questions for me? I was thinking of doing this to my car and wasn't sure about a couple things. The aluminium hose that goes from the main air hose to the engine block, do I just remove it? Does the warm air just shoot out of the engine into nowhere? Is it just as simple as replacing the hose from the pontoon into the air cleaner with a straight thru one? Also, someone said that the valve aids in cold starting. How much is that affected by the removal of the valve? Thanks in advance to anyone who responds.

Aaron King
Kirkland, WA
vin#1217