Alternator and Coolant questions

Hey list.. i've been gone for awhile, real busy!!!
Time to get back to what matters though and get the
Delorean ready for driving.. it sux have 70-80 degree
weather here and having the D sit in the garage.

After replacing my tankzilla, my alternator went out
(no relation, just figures after I can see how far I
can drive, I can't drive)...

It's the alternator... I talked to someone and they
told me that the lightbulb in the dash for the
battery, if it burns out, the actual voltage gauge
won't work on the dash.. is this true?

Secondly - I'm going to be making the purchase of an
alternator from PJ Grady.... I originally wanted to
keep original delorean oem parts, but I dont want to
replace it and just have it go out again...

here is my question, I looked at the alternator in it
(its the dulcier (sp?)). It looks like there are two
real fat red cables going to it, and attached to a nut
on the alternator... and I have a black wire dangling
that has a little silver cylinder on it (DMC says its
just a noise filter, so it wouldnt affect charging).

Here is my question... I have a PEP boys mechanic who
said he would put the PJ grady alternator on for me...
here is my question... I will not leave the car at a
non-delorean dealership (and DMC and PJ Grady, and
DMCJoe are the only ones I know of), so that leaves me
hiring mechanics to come to the house and do work...

Is the delorean alternator as standard to put in as a
regular say GM alternator?

On my grand-am the alternator just have a plug that
goes in it, the Delorean has cables... and I heard
something about having to hook a special wire to the
dash board light...

If I give this pep-boys guy (far from an expert, but
he does change altnerators) an alternator for the D,
will he be able to change it, or is it more involved?

Secondly, anti-freeze leaks out of the front of my D
from somewhere... any place I should look? I dont see
a radiator up there.. it doesnt over heat.

Third - If you are a Delorean mechanic (DMCJoe???),
and want a free expense paid trip to New Mexico, AND
be paid towork on my car, if anything else goes wrong
with it after the alternator and the anti-freeze leak,
I am considering paying someone who knows the cars to
come out and just fix everything that can go wrong.

I cringe at the thought of shipping the car - its in
perfect shape and my luck I'd get a trucker transport
like the one that moved us here from North Carolina
that busted our big screen TV because he was an idiot.

Mike