Re: [DML] Alternator and Coolant questions

Re: [DML] Alternator and Coolant questions

Michael,

Your question was:
... I talked to someone and they
told me that the lightbulb in the dash for the
battery, if it burns out, the actual voltage gauge
won't work on the dash.. is this true?

Answer:
The burnt out lamp will not cause a problem with the dash gauge. However; in early Ducelliar equipped DeLorean's that have been upgraded to a one wire field/warning light system, the alternator will not charge if the battery warning lamp is burnt out or missing.

Alternator replacement is similar as with other cars excerpt for a minor wiring modification.

Question:
Is the delorean alternator as standard to put in as a
regular say GM alternator?

Answer:
Yes

Question:
Secondly, anti-freeze leaks out of the front of my D
from somewhere... any place I should look? I dont see
a radiator up there.. it doesnt over heat.

Answer:
The radiator is located just ahead of the cooling fans. If you have an original plastic radiator the leak is from one of three places. The radiator cap, side tank, or a radiator inlet or outlet hose.

Contact me directly for information on the wiring of a non-Ducelliar alternator.

DMC Joe

"We're here to help you"

DMC Help / De Lorean Services / <dmchelp@xxxx>
Web Site: <www.deloreanservices.com>

[Very long quotation snipped by moderator]