Re: [DML] Re: do we really need a new tech site?

Re: [DML] Re: do we really need a new tech site?

Just my two cents worth here... I put up
deloreancentral.com - has forums and some other stuff
to help the D community, but I realized something.
The DML is an invaluable resource - infact, it's the
most important thing I have to go with my Delorean..
forget the manuals, this is the place I get the most
support from.

By pushing Deleoreancentral - it would take away (or
possibly could) some of the knowledge that flows here
already.... I dont know about everyone else, but I
dont have time to do DML and other websites everyday..
as it is now, i only check the DML messages once every
two days if I am lucky...

Why split up something that already works so well?

I think backing up DML is probably the best way we can
go.... there are lots of people with good intentions,
put up sites, and then go under, or never touch them
again... DML has a time proven record for dedicated
ops, and a big Delorean following.

I dont worry that someday the ops will say "ahh screw
it, I am not running DML anymore", as so many other
sites have done in the past.

Sure - I can do all the cool flash animations,
database searches, and cool stuff like that I want -
but the truth of the matter is, DML cuts through the
bull, and gives us what we need, a medium to
communicate and help each other out.... why pull away
from that :).

Just my two cents worth from a guy who was gonna start
a Delorean site...

Mike
Vin855
owner of http://www.deloreancentral.com - soon to just