first place!

Hey all,

this weekend i took part in the Toppers Car Show here in Fargo, ND. i
entered my DeLorean in the class 'original, unrestored' - and i took First
Place! i'm sure there weren't too many other unrestored cars there, but it
was quite an ego boost to win a trophy!

i especially enjoyed showing my car there. for one, it was a good excuse to
clean the car up really good and prove to myself that the car can look DAMN
GOOD when it's all cleaned up well! i even surprised myself by how the car
can look. also, i LOVED having crowds of people smiling as they peeked
inside my car. i enjoyed answering all the questions and they never seemed
to get old (except the guys who thought they knew everything about the car
only to end it by saying, 'yeah, DeLorean could have been really good if he
could just keep his nose out of the cocaine' yeah, ok). also, i even let a
few people take a seat inside the car. there were about 4 teenagers that i
could tell REALLY wanted to get a good look at the interior, so i offered to
let them take a seat and try the doors out. their faces lit up and suddenly
they started asking every question under the sun, which i proudly answered
for them. there were even a couple middle-aged guys who came up to me
saying, 'i'm not sure if this is an appropriate question, but i've always
dreamed of sitting in a DeLorean.... do you think i could just sit in there
for a second??' and of course i let them! a DeLorean is too much fun to be
greedy with!!!!!

anyway, i was very happy to win an award and it was quite encouraging for me
too keep on pluggin' with my DeLorean!

see ya!
Andy

Soma576@xxxx