[DML] Re: Cold engine performance problem

[DML] Re: Cold engine performance problem

To adjust the fuel mixture you MUST have an emission analyzer. Any
garage that has one can adjust the car. For the full procedure refer
to workshop manual D:04:01-:03. By a literal interpetation of the law
you are really not supposed to touch the adjustment without the proper
training and certifacation hence the reason for the "tamperproof"
plug. If you bring the car in ready to do it shouldn't cost too much
although I know some shops that say anyone on the analyzer has to
cover their cost so they charge out at about $75/hour but you only
need about 15 minuets. Make sure you plan an appointment in advance
and come in with the car warmed up.(Some shops keep their analyzer off
until they need it and it takes some models as long as 15 min just to
warm up and then they have to be calibrated!)
David Teitelbaum
vin 10757