Zilla Says Howdy to All + Walt

Hello to everyone on the DML,
THANK YOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT OVER THE MANY YEARS.

I've been on the sidelines for some weeks now.
I was going to say Hi to the DML audience when the Zilla site was completed,
but it's not ready just yet.
I'll post everyone when the site's up.
deloreanparts.com

However, Walt has inspired me to post.

FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANTLY :
Zilla stands behind EVERY product we make.
If ANYONE EVER has a problem, you will be assisted PRONTO.
Happy Zilla owners is job 1 . These are not just words.
No owner of any of our products should EVER feel the need to service it
himself under ANY circumstances.
It's OUR problem not yours.

Dear Walt,
Clearly, you have a defective Tank Sending unit.
You should have called and sent it back for a replacement.
It's that simple.
Your time is valuable. I'd prefer to see you direct your energy toward
designing solutions to unresolved DeLorean problems.

Walt, You wrote:
"The Zilla interface box that comes with the Tankzilla Sender inverts and
expands the scale to match the OEM unit. This was quite a feat of
engineering, and I applaud whoever designed it."
Thank you for your kind words. Yes, It was quite a technical challenge. It
took a long time to perfect.

You said:
"I would like to see someone design a solid state fuel sending unit that uses
inter-electrode capacitance.
It is very do-able and could be retailed for a whole lot cheaper than the
Tankzilla."

REALITY CHECK
Zilla Products are a Team effort. Each Design is refined over many years
BEFORE it's introduction. Engineering & tooling have to be amortized over
many years to even hope to recoup these costs. There were only a handful of
DeLoreans made when compared to most production cars. It's a VERY small
market supporting sizable development costs. This kind of risk vs. return
makes most people reach for the TUMS. Sure we could use cheaper components,
but not if they are designed to outlast the car. Nearly EVERY component used
is Military Grade. We could use cheaper labor, but not if you expect quality.
We Carefully Design exactly what's needed to properly solve the problem. No
more no less. Attention to detail is expensive. You get what you're paying
for. Though I may make this appear to be FUN, it's an enormous amount of
work. Money was lost for MANY years before we broke even.
IF, when it comes to making Zillas Cheaper,
HIGH QUALITY
LONGEVITY
PERFORMANCE
EXCELLENT CUSTOMER SERVICE
and MANY Years of service to the DeLorean Community
is important to anyone, than attempting to do it cheaper is not better.

Walt,
you suggested a while ago that LockZilla needs to sense a malfunction in the
door lock mechanism and keep kicking the lock till it locks. This "over
design" adds to the cost and is excessive.
May I suggest that you FIX YOUR DOOR MECHANISM.

REDESIGNING THE WHEEL:
It saddens me to see such gifted technical owners focusing such energy to
circumvent existing time proven solutions to D problems.
Suggesting that others redesign the same parts is not the best focus for your
technical skills.
The illusion of saving a buck fades when enough DeLorean Parts manufacturers
quit.
Less than a handful remain.
There are no riches here. You do it for love.
When the love's gone, it's over.
No sane Manufacturing & Engineering company will pick up the ball at this
point.

I don't always have a chance to view posts to the DML
If you want to drop me a line for ANY reason
ZillaDelorean@xxxx Place the word Zilla in the "Subject" line
or better yet email at the deloreanparts.com site.
But my favorite is still an old fashioned call 843-650-5700 11-6 M-F

Hey Walt, why not give me a call ?
All the best,
Bob Zilla