Re: Fuel leak?

Walt,

The accum has a low pressure hose clamped on both end on the rear of
the Accum (facing towards the rear of the car). The Front of the
accum has two high pressure hoses with brass, pressed on fittings. If
what you described is that one of the high pressure lines has a clamp
on both sides AND it looks to be a low pressure line in it's place, I
say replace it! It's a little tricky to get the line out. You don't
have to separate the chassis from the body to change either of the
high pressure lines going into the front of the accum. You do however
have to separate the chassis from the body to change the steel lines
or to tighten the connectors (if they are leaking) on those steel
lines. It's not very hard to do, there are only 12 bolts that hold
the body onto the frame and most of the harnesses and lines are long
enough to lower the chassis down to get access to the lines. I would
also check around the fuel fill neck where it meets the tank to see
if it's leaking from there. Another possibility is that the vent pipe
isn't on your tank or is blocked? Another point to check is the two
high pressure lines that go from the fuel pump to the steel lines.
Check to see if any leaks are coming from where the fuel hoses are
connecting to the steel lines. You could have twisted the line loose
when you removed the pump? The connectors should not move at all
where they meet, they should be tight. If you twist the line and see
the steel connector moving in the coupling, then it has to be
retighten.

I hope that helps.

Steve

--- In dmcnews@xxxx, "Walter" <Whalt@xxxx> wrote:
> Steve,
>
> I crawled under the car just now and found that there is a low
pressure
> rubber hose on the front of the accumulator held on both ends with
hose
> clamps -- just like you said it shouldn't be. The same
configuration is on