Re: [DML] Fuel leak?

Steve,

I crawled under the car just now and found that there is a low pressure
rubber hose on the front of the accumulator held on both ends with hose
clamps -- just like you said it shouldn't be. The same configuration is on
the rear of the accumulator as well. None of that appears to be leaking
though (yet). I can look up through the frame and see that the metal hose
under the console is kinked slightly, but not really enough to worry
about -- just enough to show that someone didn't know what they were doing.
How hard is it to replace the metal line? Do you have to lift the
fiberglass off of the frame for that?

I still smell fuel! It was fine for two weeks after I put the fuel tank
back together. But now the odor is enough to make me sick! I have to run
with the windows down. I think that running the a/c makes it worse which
indicates that the leak is around the fuel tank. (Yes, eat your heart out
you yankees! I'm running my a/c in Florida while your cars are in winter
storage. :-) I pulled the cover off of the fuel pump boot, and it is all
dry inside. The fuel lines are all dry too. I think the leak might be
coming through the Tankzilla again. I've had a lot of trouble with that
leaking before, but I filled all the gaps with JB-Weld and made a new gasket
for it. With the way that the Tankzilla was made, it was impossible to make
it seal with the gaps in the top of it. That is a long story in itself that
I will explain in another posting. Anyway, I put a paper towel around the
top of the fuel sending unit and held it on with a rubber band. If it leaks
any, then it should get the paper towel wet. Sort of a DeLorean Molitov
cocktail eh?

Thanks for the help and let me know if any of you have any suggestions.

Walt Tampa, FL