Re: [DML] Fuel leak?

Walt,
Check your fill hose and gas cap. Another spot could be the carbon canister
and its lines. The canister is inside the left rear pontoon. DMC mentioned
a while back that it was starting to be the time to change out the canister.
Another place to look is back at the fuel distributor. All of those copper
washers can be suspect. The gas can seep out and the heat will evaporate
it. Make sure you torque the fittings because they can be quite easily
stripped. The fuel pump boot is a big problem child. If the hose clamps
are not tight, fuel can seep up when you fill the tank. The connections at
the fuel pump can also seep. The fuel return line fitting can leak and I
have found it difficult to tighten properly. There are fittings in the
supply and return line about 12 inches from the pump. They are near the
heater hoses, check those. Again fuel seepage and heat may prevent you from
seeing the seepage. I found a leak once by fill the tank, installing the
gas cap and then pressed down on the top of the tank with my hand. The
pressure from my hand was enough to make it leak. Gaskets around the fuel
level transmitter should be installed between the flange on the gage and the
tank, there does not need to be a gasket between the nut and the
transmitter.

I realize that you probably have done most of these things, but this is what
you get when I do a brain dump early in the morning. Let us know if and
when you find the leak.

Scott Mueller
DOA/DMCNEWS
002981